December 18, 2010

Trying new things is good..

A couple months ago if you mentioned listening to Death Metal, I would have rolled my eyes at you and call you a psychotic lunatic. My music tastes were simple, 80's tunes along with lots of hard rock. After all I am 41 years old and well I do enjoy music where I can understand all of the words.
Last night I went to my first Neotheist show. 
Neotheist by the way is Death Metal. The show went along smoothly, they did have some technical difficulties, which they worked through. No matter what happened they kept going, which was good.  
In my opinion I think out of the three that I saw.. they were the best. The first band had the volume on their amps up so loud it was really hard on the ears. The second had their bass up and the room was vibrating. Neotheist had their volume and bass up just right and their music sounded great.. fantastic!
Maybe I loved this band so much because well my nephew is in it. Josh "Jarppi" Mason plays the guitar. I'm probably going to get some kind of lecture from him because I gush on about him and the band to other people.
When Josh was little I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up.. he told me he was going to be a rock star. Well guess what? he worked his arse off learning to play the guitar. He took no lessons, he taught himself how to play. That to me is extremely impressive and makes me proud to be a part of his family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment