I was bored so I did a few projects with nail polish. I have a basket full of polish in different colors that I use just for art purposes. I normally buy them at the dollar store if I see any colors that I think my nieces might like. The polish that we use on our nails is kept separately in my make up bag.I used polish on the bottom of a vase and also on an empty glass candle jar that I use for trail mix. There is a mug in the pic that I’m not sure about so the polish will be removed with nail polish remover and then I’ll re do that one. I found some nice sized cups at Rite Aid for $1 and bought two of them for nail polish decorating.
The process is simple. Take a bowl of water, use a bowl that you don’t need any more because it will be unusable food wise after this project. Drip polish into the water in a circle or two. Run a tooth pick through the polish to spread it around and then dip the cup or vase into the polish. It’s best to dip at an angle unless you just want to do the bottom.
No comments:
Post a Comment