June 27, 2018

Tips for growing healthy and long nails

I am currently trying to grow my nails out and refrain from chewing on them like they are candy.
When I get anxious or upset about something then I start chewing on them or ripping them off, which can be most painful.
Lately I have been trying to keep them painted because by doing so they look nice and chewing on them will only make them look ugly.
I would like to have some nice nails this +summer and try out all of the nail polish I have in my bag.. half of them I bought and have never used!

My Aunty Helen used to tell me that if I wanted my nails to grow then to do the dishes.
She even showed me as she trimmed my nails down and had me help her with the dishes at a family reunion.
I washed and washed and sure enough, I put cocoa butter lotion on my hands, rubbing it into my fingernails and then I looked.
My nails had grown a few inches and now I ignore the dishwasher and wash my dishes by hand.

I did some peeking around the web about some healthy nail tips so that I can take better care of mine.
1. Your cuticles : Though I have always pushed mine back as I believe the nails look cleaner that way, but some say that you shouldn't push the cuticles back.
See the cuticles protect against fungus and bacteria. Don't cut the cuticles off, if you do then you will loose that protection they provide your nails.

2. Nail Hardeners : My nails are weak so I need to use the nail hardeners on them. To be honest I feel better if I do have them on my nails.
According to the site I found a lot of the hardeners aren't clinically studied, so it's not definite as to whether the claims made by the companies are 100% true.
I've used nail hardeners by Sally Hansen and a few others, but Sally is my #1 hardener.

3. Moisturizing : I use a moisturizing hand +lotion every +morning and +night and through out the day after I wash my hands.
One thing I was always taught was that when you use lotion, rub some on your finger nails to help them become healthy and strong.
I swear by my cocoa butter lotion, I just love it to pieces.

** Your nails can even let you know if your getting sick, now don't panic, just go to the doctors and get a check up. **

* White nails could mean that you have a +liver condition.
* Half Pink and White nails could mean that you have a +kidney disease.
* Yellow nails could mean that you have a +lung disease.
* Pale nail beds could mean you have +anemia .
* Yellow tinged nails with a blush colored base could mean you have +diabetes .

My mom has diabetes and her nails look similar to the last one.


No comments:

Post a Comment