February 01, 2019

Winter safety tips for pets

So many people laugh when they see pets with little coats and boots on, but hey those little coats and boots are keeping them warm!

When my pup was alive I wanted to get him a coat to wear, the boots wouldn't have worked as he didn't like anything on his feet. He actually hated having his feet touched. 

Since he wouldn't let me put anything on him I made sure to warm him up as soon as he came into the house. I left a towel hanging on the drying rack next to the back door over the heat vent. When he came in he was rubbed down with it. His face and body were warm by the time I was done. 

To make it easier for him I was also shoveling paths for him in the show in the back yard. he had two paths to run around in and eventually I connected the two so that he could take a few laps around the tree and the yard. He would come in and get a good rub down and crash on his pillow or my bed and sleep for a few hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment