July 01, 2019

No Regrets

I'm gonna be brutally honest here and this will be looonnng.. 
I never thought or expected to reach 50.. heck I never expected to reach 25 either, but I have since long surpassed that. See at 17 I was dealing with a huge depression problem.
I left family and best friends and a awesome paying job behind in Oklahoma.. I didn't want to be in NY. I wanted to be in OK with my sister and brothers and I wanted our dogs and I wanted my friends back! I wasn't all too excited about literally starting over in another state.

I made about 4 friends here in NY and none of them stuck. Once school was over I didn't hear from them again. I had my siblings and parents though so I moved forward and carried on. When I reached 25 I thought.. hey I'm doing good, I can do this. Same thing at 35.
It was when I hit 45 I was like "OK I think got this." My pup had passed away when I was 47 and I thought my life was literally ending. When he passed he left a HUGE gap in my life's puzzle. It had taken me years and years to get everything together and BOOM I lost a piece. Still I carry on.

As of this post I'm in a good place. I'm actually proud of myself for getting to where I am and I'm forcing myself to make changes in life for the good. I lived for consistency and wasn't big on changes, but now I'm making those changes. I'm pushing myself to make them.
I have some amazing friends online and will hopefully one day meet them. My Wayward Sisters from another mother. I have reconnected with some of the gals I had to leave behind in OK and I hope to go back to OK to see those I had to leave behind.

I will never regret getting old because ya know what? There are so many folks who never made it this far and it wasn't by their choice not to.
P.S. The grey hair I can do without right now.. just sayin... lol
Love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment