December 15, 2019

Memories of school concerts gone by

On this day in 2015 Madison had a school concert.
I remember that as I sat listening to her I was horribly sad.
Depression was smothering me and I was in a really dark place. 
I was surrounded by people who loved me and I felt so damn alone. 
Then the little's started singing a song that made me feel like bursting into tears.

"Be a candle of hope, be a candle of light, a beacon of truth in a dark, hopeless night.
Share the light with a friend and watch the flame grow.
​The more light we give, the more love we'll know..."
  ~ Becki Slagle Mayo

I had an ah ha moment when I realized that I had so many candles surrounding me and I really wasn't alone.
One of the brightest candles was on that stage singing to me and the other was sitting next to me holding my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment