March 07, 2021

Random Meghan and Harry Musings

Sometimes I just don't know how to word things so I'm going to do my best. Right now I have 100+ thoughts running through my head, anxiety and depression does this to me, but at time's there is a moment of clarity and the words flow smoothly.

Let me just say from the very beginning that I have been a loyal royal watcher since his mum's wedding to Prince Charles on July 29,1981.

I was 11 years old when the wedding took place. She was the topic of so many of my school projects that my teachers and fellow classmates started teasing me about it. I used to tell people all the time that she was going to change the world and you know what?

She did! She brought love and compassion into the world and showed people that it was truly possible to love those who were different! She was absolutely beautiful and still is. Her death on August 28,1996 tore many apart. She had so many admirers around the world and was so greatly loved and is still loved and admired.

I'm 51 now and can still remember the wedding and the life Harry and William lived. As children they both endured so much and it breaks my heart watching as their pain is constantly put on display across the tv screens and through various magazines. They should NEVER have been forced to walk behind their Mum's coffin. That was an absolutely horrible thing to make them do.

Now for some tough love.. I understand as to why they stepped down from being working royals. The press have been unkind to him and Meghan, but mostly to her. Some I can understand and there is some that I truly don't. 

So I'm just going to put this out here.. Meghan is BLACK.. so what? She's beautiful, Harry loves her. People need to deal with that fact and move on. AND there are people who need to stop with the whole "It's because she's black!" schtick.

Believe it or not.. not everything is about her skin color, it's about her work behavior.

~ It's because she didn't do her job properly, she tended to do it her way and her way is not always the right way according to the Royal Family.

~ It's because she tried to change a Family who has no desire to change. The family will change when they feel change is needed.

Her 5 faults in my eyes... MY opinion only.

I have seen so many people judging Harry saying that he should have told her what was expected if he married her. Thing is that she had to have already known since she had Princess Diana's autobiography on her bloody bookshelf in Canada. Therefore she knew what to expect when she married him.

1. She knew that they didn't discuss politics and they didn't interfere with them as well. They weren't able to give their opinions on anything of political origin and nor did they vote.

2. She knew who Harry was before she met him. During the engagement interview she said she had NO CLUE who he was. That was a lie. He's mentioned through out Diana's book. I have almost all of Diana's autobiography's and Harry is in all of them. 

3. She did things her way and not the royal protocol way. 
~ Nude stocking should always be worn with skirts and dresses. She chose not to.
~ Sleek hairstyles are expected as they look for professional, she always wore messy buns in her hair on some of her engagements. To me it looked like she didn't brush her hair half the time.

4. No public displays of affection while in public. She is constantly grabbing onto him, but he actually does to at time's. While there is no rule about this, it seems like an unwritten protocol.
 
5. This interview with Oprah is all about her spilling the bean on the Royal Family. I actually saw this coming when they stepped down. I had a gut hunch that she was going to do something like this and then bring Harry in toward the end for a sympathy affect. 

Random Links

14 Times Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Broke Royal Protocol
12 Times the Royal Family Broke Their Own Protocol

I do think Prince Charles will bring about some change when he becomes King. He has already started them. I also believe that Prince William will bring some good changes as well. I look forward to these changes that both will bring. 
I also pray that Harry and Meghan will help to rebuild the bridge that they are currently burning with the Royal Family. I believe the more damage that is done, the less Prince William will be able to fix when he takes the throne.. that is if he wants to.

Look, life is complicated and being in the Royal Family add 3 fold more complications. Life is too short to hate and if you allow hate to consume you, then well enjoy your miserable life. I would rather see the good in people than to see the negative. Everyone has some good in them, we just have to look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment