April 24, 2021

Here's 5 things I do if I'm having a bad day


Everyone has bad days that tend to sneak up on them. How you react to them will result in how long the bad day will last. Change your mindset from negative to positive and you'll see the bad vanish and you'll find yourself having a good day.  

1. What are you grateful for?
I go over everything I'm grateful for once I wake up. Thank you for allowing me to wake up thins morning. Thank you for the ability to sleep in and wake up naturally to the sun streaming in through my windows. There's sooo much to be thankful for you just have to look.

2. Give myself a spa day! 
I have a spa day kit that has face masks, my favorite nail polishes and other relaxing things. I take a shower and put on a clean pair of pajama's and get to pampering myself. I always put on some calming music and I'll chill and watch a movie or two. my favorite's are currently "The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings" trilogy's. Both are on Amazon Prime video and are the extended versions. 

3. Meditation
It's super hard for me to meditate, I will be brutally honest about this. My mind is like a computer with 100+ tabs open and I have no bloody clue where the music is coming from and who's talking.  It's like I sit to meditate and there's the constant yacking of my thoughts. So I will lay down at the end of the night and meditate then with the lights off. When the lights go off my mind will begin to hush and it's easier for me to do it then. Also it helps to fall asleep because my body gets so relaxed. 

4. Reading
I'm currently reading the book by Graham McTavish and Sam Heughan "Clanlands". This is a great book. I really love it as it talks about the show the two of them are doing "Men in Kilts". 

5. Drink a cup of tea or coffee
Depending on my mood I'll make a cup of tea or coffee in one of my favorite cups, or I'll even grab a glass of wine if I'm feeling fancy. lol




No comments:

Post a Comment