I was awake all night because I couldn't get comfortable and spent the night with a hot water bottle on my stomach. The next morning I called work and let them know that I wasn't coming in.
I've been with this company for 15 years and have never called out because of this. it really felt weird telling my boss when I was calling out.
When I hung up with work, I drank hot tea and did a lot of crying and praying for a miracle that I would be comfortable enough to fall asleep. I eventually fell asleep when I took 3 Benadryl. lol
Here's a wee bit of TMI.. I'm 51 years old and I haven't had a monthly visit in 5 years. These cramps that I felt were the same one's I used to get every other month when I would get my monthly"visit".
I am a big believer that when your body is unwell then it's telling you that you need to slow down and start taking better care of yourself. This was mine. I went over in my head anything and everything that changed in the last week and I realized that I ate more than I'm accustomed to.
I normally eat one meal a day which is usually Linner. The time between lunch and dinner. Then when I get hungry I'll eat some mixed nuts or a granola bar.
My meals are one of either Ramen, a tuna sandwich, a bowl of oatmeal, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or pasta and sauce. Not all at the same time mind you. lol So because I don't eat a lot then my stomach shrank.
Last week I ate more than usual. My mom got the stimulus $1,400 and has a thing about ordering on Doordash while my brother and I prefer to make our food at home. Every time I turn around she's ordering food! So I was eating, breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner and it was all building up in my small tummy.
I upped my water intake and drank my skinny coffee, which is an appetite suppressant. Sunday all I had was water and the coffee. By doing this I started feeling a bit better.The thought of actually eating something actually made me feel worse than I was already feeling. lol
Today I feel better, there is some pain, but not as much as there was yesterday. I have found that if I bend or turn a certain way then there is some pain, but it's not the unbearable pain that I went through yesterday.

No comments:
Post a Comment