January 14, 2022

Who are the Norfolk Turnip Toffs?


I heard my favorite British YouTuber, River, mention "The Turnip Toffs" and I will admit that I was curious as to who they were. He mentioned that they were friends of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge aka William and Catherine. 

So, the Turnip Toffs are essentially wealthy aristocratic friends and neighbors of the couple who reside in Norfolk when their Anmer Hall home is.

There's Viscounts, Earls, Lords and Countesses who own a lot of farmlands in the British countryside and they also all hang out together. 
From what I can find, it all revolves around Anmer Hall in Norfolk. 

The Turnip Toffs consist of ...
Nick and Laura Pettman ~> She is actually Williams older cousin. Her mother is Princess Diana's sister Sarah.
Robert and Sophie Snuggs 
Robbie and Iona Buxton
The Marquess and Marchioness of Cholmondeley, David Rocksavage, and Rose Hanbury 
 Viscount and Viscountess Coke of Holkham, Tom and Polly Coke
William and his wife Rosie van Cutsem
James and Laura Meade

The word "Toff" is a British slang word for rich British people, and I'm unsure as to why they are called Turnips. I am really wondering as to why they chose the word turnip, why not truffles? Could it just have been chosen willy nilly? I suspect we will never find out until someone figures out the secret to this royal mystery.”

Meet Kate and Will's neighbours, the party-loving Norfolk set... The Turnip Toffs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment