March 27, 2022

2 reasons as to why the Oscars suck!


It's Oscars night and I'm sitting here at my desk with a cup of hot tea and watching "The Great British Baking Show". I love me some Paul Hollywood and Noel Fielding! The Oscar's are playing downstairs, I can usually hear a celebrity going off on a rampage on most likely some political nonsense for an acceptance speech.

This time though the drama kicked in when Will Smith slapped Chris Rock after he made a very horrid joke about Smith's wife, who shaved her head after suffering from hair loss due to alopecia.
 
Jada Pinkett Smith was sitting in the audience not only was she listening to people laugh at this joke but she had to watch her husband laugh at it. After he laughed he took the liberty of getting up and slapping Rock across the face for making it.
Umm.. hello?? You laughed at it!

In all honesty in my 52 years, I have never sat and actually watched an entire show. If my favorite actors are getting awards,
 then I head to YouTube the day after and watch the clips of them getting them. These actors and actresses are Legends in the business and there are many more who are as well. 

1. Politics:  The show isn't entertaining at all while the celebs spout their political drabble.  Keep your politics on your social media and off the show. No one wants to hear your views on how the world is today.  Yes, they are allowed to express their views, but in my opinion an award show is no place for them. These shows are meant to be entertaining and not political. Keep your politics for your social media.

2. Deserving & Undeserving Nominees: What really grinds my gears is when there are actors who actually deserve to get an award get bypassed for someone who has no business getting one. There are so many great actors who actually deserved them and so many who actually didn't. Then again if you have the $$ floating around then an award is easy to buy. 

Are The Academy Awards Rigged?
Grammy Awards boss 'has evidence' votes were 'rigged'


Here's a 0 list for you to mull and this is part of my favorite list.
Johnny Depp = 0
Robert Downey Jr 
= 0
Helena Bonham Carter = 0
Alan Rickman = 0
Julie Walters = 0

Am I upset that they haven't gotten an Oscar yet? Yup I sure am! Why? Look at the names and the roles they portrayed, and you'll understand why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment