March 20, 2017

Pagan symbol approved for veterans grave markers

I'm so relieved that soldier's family was able to put the pentagram on their loved ones headstone. This soldier from Nevada fought for our country in Afghanistan and after all that he has been through, this crap happens.

His name was Sgt. Patrick Stewart, he was 34 years old. He was killed in when the Nevada Army National Guard helicopter he was in was shot down. He, like so many soldiers in the military, was a follower of the Wiccan religion.


This religion is one in which the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs doesn't recognize, so therefore the pentacle wasn't allowed to be put on this brave man's headstone.


On April 23, 2007, the US Department of Veterans Affairs finally added the Pentacle to its list of emblems of belief that can be included on the grave markers it issues to honor deceased US military veterans.
When I die, I expect to have it on my headstone.
You can read more about it below..

No comments:

Post a Comment