January 28, 2018

3 tips for dealing with Bullying in the workplace

Working in retail for as long as I have, there have been loads of gossip about myself and about those I work with and are friends with, I have had many rumors spread about me and have even spread the best one out of all of them myself, yes I said that and am proud of it!
There will be times when your going to be a victim of a gossip monger as I tend to call them... a Gossip Monger is someone who has nothing better to do than to try to bring you down and to make themselves look better than you... they want you to look as if your not doing your job and that they are doing your job for you.

Here's how I dealt with my Bullying Gossip Mongers...
1. Go to your supervisor or manager.
I went to the supervisor of the department that I was in and talked to her about it. The three of us had a pow wow about it and that didn't work at all. I ended up leaving the department I was in and switched to the opposite side of the store. The bullying continued a bit until she found another victim to harass.
2. Ignore them.
I didn't just avoid my monger, I refused to speak to her as I really had nothing to say to her at any time what so ever. If I had to speak to her, I was polite and did so with very little to no emotions what so ever. I pretty much acted like I didn't care about her or what she thought of me and I didn't care about her or what she thought of me.
3. Team up.
My monger went onto other's after she was done with me. The other ladies and I started a mini support group so to speak. We were there for each other and supported the other during those nasty times. We made it through with flying colors and in the end she is the one who lost out.

No comments:

Post a Comment