January 27, 2018

Soapy Water Flea Trap

This little idea is something that I actually swear by! I started finding a few stragglers jumping around the upstairs so I created this little contraption that I found on Pinterest and continue to use it.
When the fleas see the light, they will go toward it and land in the soapy water and drown. Take a shallow dish and fill it with warm soapy water and then place it under a night light. It's actually that simple! If you have pet's just make sure they don't drink the water. If you have a food net, you can place it over the bowl to stop them.
At night before you go to bed, empty the water and start over. I tend to wait until the water is gone before I rinse and start over. I'm doing this for a wile now to ensure the fleas are gone. I want to get a cat or two so I don't want to bring them into a house with fleas in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment