January 02, 2018

Can you Forgive and Forget?





I had a conversation with a fellow employee at work during my break about forgiveness and second chances. She told me that everyone deserves a second chance to redeem themselves, while I do believe that, but not everyone deserves a second chance.

I believe that if a person kills or harms another intentionally then second chances are not deserved. She also believes that forgiveness should be given to those who hurt you. It’s easy to say you forgive someone, but saying it and actually being able to do it is not so easy to do.

I can say that I will forgive someone very easily, but what I can’t do is forget what was done. Forgiving is easy but forgetting is not. So really you can’t truly forgive someone unless you can forget about what they did to you.

Then you have the matter of trust… once that trust between two people is broken it has to be earned back and that’s not an easy thing to do. So therefore in my opinion Forgiveness and Trust have to be earned back not be freely given so that person had a second chance to hurt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment