January 25, 2018

Lucid Dreaming

I have lucid dreams pretty much every night. Some are pretty amazing and have inspired numerous short stories and some are just horrible and I have a hard time getting back to sleep after them. Those are the all time worst right there.
Lucid dreams are very vivid dreams where the dreamer is aware that they are in fact dreaming.  You can do pretty much whatever you really want and you can make things happen. With enough training and practice, you can control your dreams. If something is happening that you don't like, you can change it.
In my dreams I know I'm lucid because I know that I'm dreaming and will tell myself that it's merely a dream. I also try to find a book or a clock to look at. If you have noticed that in dreams you won't see the books words in order, like the clock everything is all jumbled up. I have read a few word that are not jumbled up in a dream or two, but the words are pretty much a mess that even auto correct couldn't fix.
I have used a cell phone in my dreams. When I go to type a phone number I find that I have to do it like 5  times because the numbers keep getting mixed up on me. I tend to not know who is going to answer the phone which makes things a bit interesting.
My last phone call was on the day after President Trump was elected and I was surprised to have him answer the other line. I congratulated him, told him that my wallet was full and then hung up... I know it was a weird phone call. I have also spoken to other celebrities on the phone.
My favorite thing to do in my dreams is flying. I fly just about every single night and most of the time I have no clue where I'm flying to, but I will still fly. In my dream I am always flying home. usually I'm flying like Supergirl, but every so often I'm swimming my way home. Yes.. my arms do get tired. LOL
I do not dance at all, I have no bloody clue how to dance and am too self conscious to even attempt it. In my dreams I do ballet in the sky. Twirling and leaping from cloud to cloud. There are times where I'm on fire like a Phoenix, dancing through the dark sky. It's amazing.
I am able to make things appear or disappear and switch the locations in the dream that I am in. The only problem I have is that when I am dreaming about things that terrify me, as in sharks, alligators, snakes. Those dreams I have little to no control of at all. The fear is overwhelming and I have to force myself to wake up in order to get rid of the visual image in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment