June 06, 2018

Did you know... Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

One show I really love watching is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Growing up I used to beg my parents to watch it whenever it was on tv. Now you can pretty much find it anywhere online to watch. While I did enjoy the remake with Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, but the remake will never shine brighter than the original with Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka.

* The movie was released on June 30,1971. Two years after I was born mind you. It wasn't liked very much in the beginning, but once it hit the television sets, everyone loved it. 

* In 1977, Paramount Pictures made a HUGE mistake by selling the movie to Warner Bros. I seriously bet they're regretting that decision because the movie is a cult classic!

* Did you know that the children in the movie were kept in the dark about lot of things. This was done so that their genuine emotions could be captured. Then they go into the candy factory with the chocolate waterfall, those are their genuine reactions, they had never seen that room before.

What are you're thought's on the movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment