October 27, 2018

A few Halloween crafts

Autumn Decoration Face Fall Funny Gourd HaI did these last year and most unfortunately I lost the photo's so this year I will be doing the same thing as well as a few others. I love doing craft projects with my nieces when they are here and we tend to do a lot of painting.

Last year we painted gourds white and turned them into ghosts. We used acrylic paint for the bodies and large wiggly eyes. I had a decent sized one and carved a hole in the back, scooped out the insides and carved eyes and a mouth and put a battery run tea light in it. It looked fantastic! #Ghosts

We also made spiders that we hung from the ceiling in the living room over the bay window. Take various sized Styrofoam balls and wrap them up with yarn. Then I took some of the yarn and made braids that we used for it's legs. Wiggly eyes were added afterwards. I took some elastic and hug them from the ceiling so the girls could pull down and the spiders would bounce and move. #Spiders

There is one thing I am thinking of doing this year that we didn't do last year is make those popcorn & candy corn hands. I made them while in daycare and the kids in the class loved them.
I had some plastic gloves, not the rubber ones. Popped popcorn and dumped it into a bowl, then I had a bowl of M&M's and another on with the candy corn. The kids sat around the table and filled their gloves with a mixture of the three. I thought of making these for the girls because I'm not handing out candy this year again. #Art


No comments:

Post a Comment