November 18, 2018

Fact vs Fiction : Self-care is selfish and a foolish way to spend money.



I know people who don't take very good care of themselves.. I will admit that I was one of them for the longest time. I was always taking care of everyone else and forgot to take care of myself.  I was tired and just physically and emotionally worn out!
I had gotten sick and one of the ladies at my work had said "Your body is trying to tell you something. You're not listening so this is how it's getting your attention."

It got my attention really fast. I don't mind colds, but when I have to spend the night in the ER because of my health, my attention was suddenly focused on my well being and self care. 

I began to keep a journal and began to focus on me. I started a spa kit and filled it with masks, foot scrubs, nail polish and anything else I could think of. I started having spa days once a month on one of my days off. I'd wake up in the am and take a shower, then the rest of the day was a pampering me session while binge watching my favorite television shows or movies. 

Practicing self-care is a form of self-love. There comes a time when you need to take care of yourself. You have to come first over everyone else!! We should do it to feel good, take care of our bodies and give it the love we deserve. You do not have to neglect your own wants, needs, and desires to be a good mom, daughter, girlfriend and wife. If you don't take care of yourself then you won't be able to properly take care of other's. You cannot be everything for everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment