February 18, 2021

British Actors : Tobias Menzies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobias_Menzies

After seeing Tobias Menzies, who is an amazing actor, in his role in Outlander, who was a downright horrible rapist human being, I have a hard time visualizing him as Queen Elizabeth II's husband Prince Philip. lol
Yes I know they are two different roles, but there was a few scenes in Outlander where you literally see him walking around nude with nothing blurred after his character raped the male lead character. I won't go into details for those who haven't seen Outlander. It's on Netflix BTW. Horrible, brutal stuff like that can stick with you when you think of an actor and characters they have portrayed.

To me, it was definitely an eye opener as to how well British actors act. I 100% love British shows and movies over American, they're more realistic and the actors and actresses aren't perfect with hour glass figures, Botox fillers, sparkly white teeth... you have to have a certain image in Hollywood in order to make it. The image of perfection doesn't pertain to British actors and actresses which makes them more relatable and I love this. I've seen actors with yellowing teeth and well they would not fit Hollywood's beauty standards. 

British actors and actresses look like.. us. They are an image of imperfection like us. I love turning on a show or movie with characters who don't look like Barbie's with fake hair and fake bodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment