There are time's when people will not always agree on a specific topic I do understand that 100%. I read a comment where someone said that they blame America for the hardships that the Native Americans are dealing with.
She mentioned that they are raging drunks and are killing themselves and it's America's fault and I disagree with this. What happened to them was horrible, yes it was and I believe that 100%.
The government isn't forcing them to drink into raging drunks.. they aren't pouring the alcohol down their throats. I agree they were treated horribly in the past, but that is the past is it not? I know a few Native American's who refused to follow that path.
They have good jobs and chose to follow down a more productive path than that of the "raging drunks". These are not only my thoughts, one of my friends told me the same thing and she added "They refuse to move away from the pity party and work to improve their lives."
Maybe I'm wrong thinking that they could have a better life if the put more effort into trying to follow a better path than their ancestors were forced to follow.
I guess my think process is... why wallow in self doubt and anger and blame America for holding them down when they in fact aren't trying to improve their lives?
I didn't post this to argue with anyone, but please any Native American's, please if you will tell me what you think.

No comments:
Post a Comment