February 05, 2022

My issue with ItWorks and why I don't sell it anymore

 
I have tried numerous times to write this post, but no matter how hard I try to get the words to come out correctly I always fail. So, I've just decided to spill it all out and see what happens.

In the beginning I thought that by starting with this company then I would be able to have more freedom and financial independence. I stopped selling it last year. 

When your heart and your heart are out of alignment about something then you need to rethink it.

My biggest mistake was not asking all of the right questions before I joined it. I was told there was no fees, and you didn't have to reach a cap to get paid. Both were wrong.

While the training was excellent and filled with loads of inspirational talks, I had a hard time with being told to... 

1. Cold message people and pushing the business onto them without being asked for. I was told that when someone accepts your friend request on Facebook then that is them giving you permission to invade their messenger. That is 100% wrong as well. 

2. Tell single mother's that they need this job it can help them stay home with their babies. Every momma wants to stay home with their babies and those ladies were 100% a target. Could it help them, yes it could, but I couldn't bring myself to lie to them.

3. Don't tell them more than they need to know. See you don't need to know about the fee's, etc... until after you join. You don't find out that in order to make this work, you actually have to have people working under you in order to actually make anything. You have to reach 80GV a month in order to get paid.

4. You have to pay yearly to be in the company and you have to pay a monthly website fee.

5. The only way a customer can actually get the distributor's discount is to set up a 3-month autoship and if you cancel before that autoship is done then you will be charged $50.

I love these products, they have great coffee and have lost weight on them.
This is why I retain my status as a
distributor so that I can purchase the products and continue to use them. I just do not agree with the training and lack of respect for other's.

When you are on Facebook you connect yourself with people who are like you, in the same class as you. I couldn't connect with people who had loads of money, etc... because I was nothing like them. When I connect with someone on social media, I connect with them because we have things in common and not because I wanted to sell them products.

I was encouraged to connect with people who need to lose weight, like myself. Those are the kind of people that I can actually connect with, why? Because we both need to lose weight, but what worked against them when it comes to buying products was their finances. I am not wealthy by any means, so I connected with the lower class. People like me who are on a fixed budget. Most people can't afford a 3-month autoship just to lose weight. 

ItWorks is a billion-dollar company. If you are really out to help people become healthy then you really need to take the lower class in mind. The class that gets social security once a month and has just enough to scrape by after they pay their bills but are desperate to lose weight because nothing, they are doing seems to be working for them. 

The company could help so many people just by getting rid of their autoship and giving the customers the distributor price permanently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment