May 03, 2022

Oh but to dream...

I met a wonderful couple today who were shopping for a suitcase. I had asked if they were going on a vacation and they nodded. The husband said that they travel a lot. Can I just say I'm so bloody envious of them because they get to travel around and not work any more. I can't wait to be able to retire. I really look forward to it though I know that I would miss working at Burlington.

I know it's weird to say one would miss working in retail, but my bosses are great and I really love my job. I loved doing markdowns, but I mean I did them for 14 years and was really ready for a new position. When this full time one came about I was ready for it and prayed so hard that I would be able to do it.

Now that I'm full time I'll be able to get my van sooner than I thought I would. My retirement will be spent living in a van and travelling around NY where I reside with my siblings, nephews and nieces and mom.  The full time job has taken me out of my comfort zone and shoved me headfirst into a routine that I haven't worked in so long. I went from working 3 days a week at 12-18 hours to now working 5 days a week and getting 38 hours.

I'm used to taking naps on my days off and now that'd going to change as I try to pull myself out of the routine I was living in. Working Sunday thru Tuesday & to Noon or 1 and then home all day. It's an adjustment I'm working through with this random schedule in front of me. I work some mornings, mid days and nights, but for the 38 hours I'll do it happily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment