November 18, 2022

Why I love Penelope on Bridgerton

 In a Bridgerton group I'm in, there is a thread about Penelope and how she's a bad person. I have to respectfully disagree with them as I see her as being a very misunderstood character. I kind of feel sorry for Pen because she had to deal with being in the shadow of two beautiful sisters and her mother was more concerned with her sisters finding husbands than herself. 

I do agree that Pen is a bit shady, but I think in order for her to be able to support herself as a spinster, I'm pretty sure she knew she would be one, then she had to do shady stuff to make the $$ to be able to support herself without a man. 
In my opinion Pen has almost ZERO self esteem and it showed by the way she acted. 

One was upset that Penelope told Eloise "Not all of us can be pretty Bridgerton's!" I can understand Pen saying that because it's 100% true... not all of them can be pretty Bridgerton's and everyone knows that the Bridgerton woman are very sought after when it comes to marriage.

If you were to put Eloise and Penelope in a room with suitable prospects.. who do you think will get the marriage proposals? Guarantee you it won't be Penelope.


No comments:

Post a Comment