December 20, 2022

Madly, Deeply the diaries of Alan Rickman


 Madly, Deeply came today and I'm so excited to read it! I absolutely love Alan, he was an amazing actor. His witty musings and Rickmanism's as I call them are great. Random musings and some of the things he has written I can totally relate to.
His words can be hilariously funny as well as incredibly sad, and at times even a touch of arrogance. That English wit seeped through the words throughout the book.

His diaries are similar to the 1 line diaries that are all the rage these days. Celestial One Line a Day Diary

He talks about life and life in the acting world. There are also drawings and doodles on the pages. 

"Quiet pleasure of preparing food for friends. {Name of friends} The sun emerged and we spilled into the garden." 
I just love this one, it's so whimsical for me. I visualize him and his friends sitting around a table with glasses laughing and chatting about life or work. 

"3:40 am Awake trying to locate one worthwhile nameable emotion that deserves this sleeplessness..."
This is absolutely me when I have insomnia! I literally will lay awake at night trying to figure out why I'm awake and unable to sleep.

I can't wait to finish the book, I'm sure I'll be reading it all over again once I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment