December 27, 2022

New Year's Eve as an Introvert

As an adult I have always spent New Year's alone and I'm 100% OK with that. I'm not big on going out to bars or parties and being around a lot of people.  Last year I spent the night home chatting to friends online via Zoom.
  
4 of us were introverts, 2 were home with children and then 3 were sick and couldn't go out. That was our first gathering and hopefully we'll have another one next year.

Some had wine, beer and others had hot tea and coffee. I was a tea drinker myself. We all bought pizza that night and some had wings while others didn't. I had a slice of buffalo chicken pizza from Perri's Pizza and my tea for my meal.

We talked about our future goals and plans, and we reminisced about the positive things that had happened to us in 2021. Despite the bad stuff that the world is dealing with there were some positive happy things that happened. I try to see the positive in negative situations, sometimes that's hard, but I do try.

I also made a vision board that night revolving around things that I want to accomplish. I refuse to make resolutions because when I don't accomplish something then I tend to get annoyed with myself. So, I just make a vision board. The things I accomplish I remove from the board and add something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment