I saw this photo on a writing blog and started laughing when a mini story popped into my head. Feel free to add your short in the comments if you want. I'd love to see what other's come up with.
"You need to turn right the river is on the left side of the road." Grace laid her finger on the map and pointed to her boyfriend Troy as he drove. They were meeting their families at a new camp site her Dad had found.
"No your looking at the map upside down, the river is on the right side. Turn the map around the right way." Troy rolled his eyes and continued to drive forward.
Sure they had been driving a little longer than he had planned on, but she got them lost again... never trust a woman with map.
They passed a park ranger who was sitting on the front of his truck eating a sandwich. "Ask him for directions, he has to know where the camp grounds are," Grace threw the folded up map in his lap and crossed her arms, "and for the record, I'm better at reading maps than you are. Remember?"
"I'm not interrupting him to ask him where the camp grounds are, he's eating lunch for crying out loud. I know where we are, just relax and enjoy the view."
Grace grabbed her purse and pulled out a zip lock bag. She put her phone as well as his in the bag and sealed it shut after depositing their wallets inside. "What are you doing?"
"Preparing for a swim."
"We're not going to end up in the river, I know where we are." He turned to the left and was surprised to find them going into the river.
As the car began to sink they climbed out and stood on the roof. They swam to the side bank, Troy went up first and was greeted by the park ranger.
Grace climbed up and smiled. "Good thing our parents took our clothes with them."
"I'm never going to live this down am I?"
"Nope, never." Grace patted his shoulder and smiled as she took a photo of the sinking car.
"No your looking at the map upside down, the river is on the right side. Turn the map around the right way." Troy rolled his eyes and continued to drive forward.
Sure they had been driving a little longer than he had planned on, but she got them lost again... never trust a woman with map.
They passed a park ranger who was sitting on the front of his truck eating a sandwich. "Ask him for directions, he has to know where the camp grounds are," Grace threw the folded up map in his lap and crossed her arms, "and for the record, I'm better at reading maps than you are. Remember?"
"I'm not interrupting him to ask him where the camp grounds are, he's eating lunch for crying out loud. I know where we are, just relax and enjoy the view."
Grace grabbed her purse and pulled out a zip lock bag. She put her phone as well as his in the bag and sealed it shut after depositing their wallets inside. "What are you doing?"
"Preparing for a swim."
"We're not going to end up in the river, I know where we are." He turned to the left and was surprised to find them going into the river.
As the car began to sink they climbed out and stood on the roof. They swam to the side bank, Troy went up first and was greeted by the park ranger.
Grace climbed up and smiled. "Good thing our parents took our clothes with them."
"I'm never going to live this down am I?"
"Nope, never." Grace patted his shoulder and smiled as she took a photo of the sinking car.

No comments:
Post a Comment