September 14, 2018

Campaign to end loneliness

There is a video floating around on Facebook about a man who stays in his apartment for a week with no human contact at all. No cell phone, nothing. It's part of the "Campaign to end loneliness". 

Personally I think I could do it as long as I had my dog and or my journal with me. I tend to spend quite a bit of time alone which is the way I like it. It's the Introvert in me. I do love my solitude!
Its easy for me to go long periods of time with no human contact. I know that often the need for someone to want their solitude is misconstrued as loneliness. I crave solitude and space but I am never lonely. At least, not when I'm alone. If that makes sense!


When my Gran was alive and living across the street from us, there were days when she would see no one and that was her choice. At the time I would walk to work so I would walk through her yard and wave at her in the morning on the way and in the afternoon on the way home.

https://www.campaigntoendloneliness.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment