August 10, 2019

Apartment dreams

I can't wait to move into a smaller home. I have always wanted to live in an apartment.. I know it's crazy seeing as to how most people dream of owning their own home.. I dream of living in an apartment! When I was in high school I wanted to live in an apartment with a couple of my girlfriends.  That never came to pass only because I moved to New York with the family.
 
I was forced to leave my two dogs behind, with promises that we were coming back for them. After we moved into a place I brought up going and getting the pups and was told that we weren't going back.  I was totally devastated and my former best friend was furious because they were dumped at her house.  Had I stayed there then they would have been OK with me. 

Now here in NY I'm apartment hunting. After living in a house for 20+ years and accumulating so much junk, it's a huge chore to get rid of stuff.  I'm a sentimental saver so I have a big decorative paper box and anything I want to save goes in that box. If there's no room then something has to go from the box to make room it. Right now I have drawers full of stuff I want to keep and those will be broken down to 1 box!

I have a box set aside just for my beauty box samples as I have gather a lot of samples from the boxes. Then I have my go bag for things that would be useful in case of an emergency. Medical kit, I have a zip lock bag with body wash, lotion, shampoo and conditioner samples in it and socks. I also have a wallet in there that will be home to emergency money. Right now that money was used for an emergency. lol

I'm getting large bags for clothes to donate and also posting stuff for sale on Facebook Marketplace. The marketplace will be replacing the garage sale I was thinking of having, but never got around to doing so. 

Seriously, what's your go to routine for moving??

No comments:

Post a Comment