April 29, 2022

8 ways I re-use my candle jar's.


When I was old enough to burn candles I had so many lit up around my bedroom at once. Back in 1998 we had a really bad ice storm... The Great Ice Storm of 1998 as it was called. While everyone else was downstairs in the warm living room sleeping on the mattresses on the floor I was snoozing up in my bedroom with my goldfish Jaws nd my brother slept in his room as well with like 5 of his friends. 
He lived through the ice storm and for a carnival fish he actually lived for about 10 or more years. I had around 20 candles lit around my room, those long glass pillar candles that burned for hours on end. I had 5 burning on the headboard of my bed where Jaws' tank was. His tank was awfully warm when I woke up the next am. I had to go to work so he ended up coming downstairs where it was warm 24/7. 

 I have so many empty candle jars floating around my place, and they are all being reused. A hand full of them have loose leaf tea and tea bags in them, while other's have random office supplies and batteries in them. A few jars have pasta and oatmeal in them as well. There are so many ways you can reuse them!
I have reused the jars to make new candles. My favorite thing to do is buy wax tarts and use that wax as candles. I tie a wick around a pencil and place it in the jar then dumps wax tarts around it. After the tarts melt I'll add another set of them of the same scent and melt them. I usually do it in layers and it takes me about a week to fill a medium sized jar candle or little plastic tea light containers. 
I have done layers before, but that can be extremely messy and I have melted large Yankee candle jar candles and poured the wax into smaller jars. I love using the Vanilla cupcake or sugar cookies with another scent. I have done Christmas candles by using two Christmas scented candles, melted one and poured it in the jar and once it was dry I added another scent on top and let that dry. 

~ Pop in cotton pads or q-tips.
~ Use it as a bedside catch all for lip balm, ear phones, etc.. 
~ Decant your bath salts. 
~ Add some flowers and use as a vase. 
~ Re-use it as a candle holder with tea lights and pillar candles. 
~ Store matches or lighters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment