February 03, 2023

In the Heat of the Night tv series

I can remember sitting with my Dad watching this show all the time. He was always big into police shows and we certainly watched a lot of them together.

What I really love about this show is that they touched up on the social issues that are still taking place to day. A big thing they touch up on is racial discrimination. 

 The Sparta police force was strictly made up of white officers until Detective Virgil Tibbs{ bottom right} came to join them. After that, they began to hire more black police officers! {See photo}

The characters are great, I must say that my favorite is Bubba Skinner. lol {far right} He's the show's tough guy and ladies man. 
I would love to see a new series with him in charge as Chief Skinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment